Scholarship Information

Most of the scholarships are awarded based on one or more of the following criteria: Financial need, academic achievement, involvement in nursing organizations, involvement in community services projects, and/or a program in which enrolled (i.e. BSN, RN, MSN, DNP or PhD). Some are based on gender, marital status (e.g. single parent with children), place of employment, and/or county residence (e.g. Fort Bend County).

The School of Nursing Scholarship Committee encourages all students to complete a Scholarship Application form.

The University of Texas School of Nursing at Houston Scholarships and Traineeships page lists the eligibility requirements and amounts. More scholarship information can be found on The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Financial Services Grants and Scholarships.

Eligibility Criteria

In order to be considered for a scholarship, the following criteria must be met:

  • Students must have applied to an academic degree program within the School of Nursing
  • Currently enrolled students must be in good academic standing and earn the minimum GPA as required by the scholarship. 
    • Enrolled at the level required by the scholarship. For most scholarship, part-time enrollment is the minimum standard. 
      • BSN level: Fall/spring - 6 semester hrs; Summer - 5 semester hrs
      • Graduate level: Fall/Spring - 5 semester hrs; Summer - 3 semester hrs

Application Deadline

The scholarship application should be submitted at the same time as the admission application, but can be accepted anytime for admitted or enrolled students. New students who apply for scholarship consideration at the priority admission deadline dates will have the best opportunity to be considered for an award.

The scholarship application remains active for the duration of the student’s academic program. If, however, a student changes programs or graduate from one program and enters another program, a new scholarship application is required. Scholarships are awarded every fall, spring and summer. 

How to Apply

Are you ready to Apply? If you have applied or are currently enrolled the first step is to complete the Scholarship Application. This form must be submitted to the Student Affairs Office with all supplemental materials by the published deadline date.

Whom do I contact if I need assistance in filling out the application?

Kimberly Sarden (713) 500-2102, or email at

Awarding and Notification Process

The School of Nursing’s scholarship awards are managed by the UTHealth School of Nursing Scholarship Committee. This group is made up of faculty members representing each program within the School and meets in regularly to review applications and award monies available for fall, spring, and summer terms.

All candidates selected for a scholarship will be notified by email through the Student Affairs Office. Funds will be applied to the student’s UTHealth Bursar account. Once tuition is paid, any excess funds are distributed to the students.