Due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic the School is unable to conduct on-campus events at this time. We however, would very much like to offer our community hospitals and agencies an opportunity to connect with our students. To that end, if you would like to participate in a virtual information event, please let us know. We will be happy to find a date and time that works best for the population of students you are looking to attract. The School has access to Webex to perform the events, but you can also use your own platforms. To discuss this opportunity or schedule an event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Advertise an Open Position
Through the School’s managed job board, email, and via Facebook students and alumni can receive information regarding open position. To request a job announcement to be advertised, please complete the job posting request form. Through this form you can indicate which group (students, alumni, or both) you would like the job posting to be sent. Most postings will be distributed within 24-48 hours of receiving the request.
Please note that the School reserves the right to deny any request that does not seem credible, valid, or which lacks sufficient information about the position.
On-Campus Recruitment Opportunities
The School of Nursing hosts Career Day several times a year. Career Day is co-sponsored by the School’s Alumni Affairs Office and Alumni Association who conducts job tip presentations and mock-interviews throughout the event. Prospective employers are invited to participate in Career Day to advertise potential job opportunities. Spaces available for exhibitor tables are limited and provided on a first-come/first-served basis. To ensure you receive an invite to the next event, click here to be placed on the invite list.
About our Students
Cizik School of Nursing offers programs resulting in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing, Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing, or Doctor of Nursing Practice degree. In addition, the School also offers post-master programs including two specialized options in Emergency/Trauma Care and Forensic Nursing Science. With more than 1600 students currently enrolled, Cizik School of Nursing graduates an average of 290 nurses with undergraduate degrees and 120 nurses with graduate degrees each year.
The School of Nursing is recognized for its excellence in teaching and research as reported by US News and World Report. Our prominence in this national survey recognizes:
- The School of Nursing is the highest ranked graduate nursing program in the Gulf Coast Region
- The DNP is one of the the highest ranked in the state
- Nurse Anesthesia program ranked number eight (8) in the country
- 97.28 percent pass rate for first-time test-takers on the most recent RN licensing exams
- Pacesetter BSN
- RN-Bridge (for ADN-prepared RNs)
- RN to BSN
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Nursing Leadership and Administration
- MSN and Post-Graduate
- Adult/Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult/Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Emergency/Trauma Care (Post-Graduate only)
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Leadership
- Psychiatric Mental Health
- BSN to DNP
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
Cizik School of Nursing - Alumni Affairs
Houston, TX 77030