Honorlock provides on-demand proctoring services for the CSON with no scheduling or bulky downloads. It works seamlessly with a Canvas LTI integration to make setup and testing simple for faculty and students.
Please use the guides below to help you set up exams, review integrity reports, and prepare students to test using Honorlock. If you have any additional questions, please contact CEIR.
Faculty Honorlock information
- Honorlock Extension - Google Chrome extension download needed to use Honorlock with Canvas.
- Suggested Syllabus Verbiage - Syllabus text guidelines.
Before an Exam:
- Using Honorlock with Canvas - How to enable Honorlock for an exam, exam settings, student guidelines, and accommodations.
- Honorlock Standard Exam Guidelines - Student testing area and behavior suggested guidelines.
- Creating a Practice Exam in Canvas - Creating a practice exam is a free and effective way to familiarize students with Honorlock to avoid potential issues on test day.
- Creating and using Exam Profiles - Exam profiles are saved setting templates you create to save time on new exams.
After an Exam:
- View Honorlock Exam Results - How to view the student exam session.
Honorlock provides on-demand proctoring services for schools and universities.
- A PC, Mac, or Chrome OS desktop or laptop that meets the minimum system requirements and has a working webcam and microphone.
- Required browser and browser extension:
- A computer that passes the system check for OS, Browser, and Internet speed. Please perform the system check at the site you will be testing from. Scroll to the “Simple Single-Click Test” section of the Honorlock support page and click the “Run System Check” button.
Preparing for the Exam:
Review the following in preparation for your exam:
- Exam Payment - Honorlock charges students $8.99 per exam, regardless of the length of the exam or when the student registers for it. Note that the course pay option in Honorlock is not available for CSON.
- How to use Honorlock - Note that your exam may be located under Quizzes, Modules, or another area in your Canvas course. If you are uncertain where the exam will be posted, check with your instructor prior to the exam. Clicking the “Launch Proctoring” button will begin the Honorlock authentication process.
- Honorlock offers 24/7 technical support to assist students. If you encounter any issues, you may contact them through live chat on the Honorlock support page or within the exam itself by clicking on the chat bubble in the lower-right of your screen.
- End of Exam Procedure - Review Submitting the Exam and Ending Proctoring sections.