HonorLock provides on-demand proctoring services for the CSON with no scheduling or bulky downloads. It works seamlessly with a Canvas LTI integration to make setup and testing simple for faculty and students.
Please use the guides below to help you set up exams, review integrity reports, and prepare students to test using HonorLock. If you have any additional questions, please contact CEIR.
Faculty HonorLock information
- HonorLock Extension - Google Chrome extension download needed to use HonorLock with Canvas
- Suggested Syllabus Verbage - syllabus text guidelines
Before an Exam:
- Using HonorLock with Canvas - how to enable HonorLock for an exam, exam settings, student guidelines, and accommodations.
- HonorLock Standard Exam Guidelines - student testing area and behavior suggested guidelines
- Creating a Practice Exam in Canvas - creating a practice exam is a free and effective way to familiarize students with HonorLock to avoid potential issues on test day.
- Creating and using Exam Profiles - exam profiles are saved setting templates you create to save time on new exams
After an Exam:
- View HonorLock Exam Results - how to view the student exam session
Minimum System Requirements
Honorlock can be installed on devices meeting the following requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 10, MacOSX 10.13 and higher, or ChromeOS 79 and higher
- Browser: Google Chrome version 79 and higher
- Internet Speed: 1.5 Mbps download, 750 Kbps upload
To check if your device meets minimum system requirements, please visit https://honorlock.com/support/ (Links to an external site.) and scroll to the 'Simple Single-Click Test'.
Currently, Honorlock does not work with iPads.
Preparing for the Exam:
To get started, you will need Google Chrome and download the Honorlock Chrome Extension (Links to an external site.).
When you are ready to complete your assessment, log into Canvas, go to your course, and click on your exam. Clicking "Launch Proctoring" will begin the Honorlock authentication process, where you will take a picture of yourself, show your ID, and complete a scan of your room. Honorlock will be recording your exam session through your webcam, microphone, and recording your screen. Honorlock also has an integrity algorithm that can detect search-engine use, so please do not attempt to search for answers, even if it's on a secondary device.
Honorlock support is available 24/7/365. If you encounter any issues, you may contact them through live chat on the support page (Links to an external site.) or within the exam itself.
- Exam Payment - Honorlock will charges students $8.99 per exam, regardless of the length of the exam or when the student registers for it. Note that the course pay option in Honorlock is not available for CSON.
- HonorLock Support
- Student Privacy Questions
- How to use HonorLock