Video Conferencing is the synchronous two-way connection
- BigBlueButton (Conferences in Canvas)
Please refer to the Video Conferencing Comparison Chart when trying to determine which system is best for you. You may also refer to the Best Practice for Video Conferencing guide for tips and suggestions when hosting a video conference.
Google Apps for Education (UTH-Share)
UTH-Share is UTHealth’s implementation of Google Apps for Education.
By using UTH-Share, individuals can work on documents and other content using multiple platforms and personal devices. Collaborative capabilities allow public sharing of information as well as secure, “trusted” interactions among individuals having Google identity credentials. Activities included are exchanging files and folders, real-time and/or asynchronous creation and editing of content, and maintenance of revision history.
This is a secure, global, collaborative environment that incorporates interacting applications and emerging “intelligent personal assistant” capabilities. These interactive services greatly enhance the ability of students, faculty, and staff to efficiently create, integrate, manage, discover and share a wide spectrum of digital content in a secure manner.
What You Get With UTH-Share
- Google Drive lets you store and access your files anywhere — on the web, on your hard drive, or on the go.
- Google Docs is an online word processor that lets you create and format text documents and collaborate with other people in real time.
- Google Sheets is an online spreadsheet app that lets you create and format spreadsheets and simultaneously work with other people.
- Google Slides is an online presentations app that allows you to show off your work in a visual way.
- Google Groups allows you to create online and email-based groups where you can share and collaborate with others.
To get started with Google Apps, go to the UTH Share website and click on the "Sign up now link". Enter your UTHealth account username and password and click Login. You can also view the step-by-step instructions on Steps to Setup Your UTH-Share Account for additional assistance.
Note: If you plan to store or share Protected Health Information (PHI), please enable your account for PHI data access.
Microsoft Office 365 Education is a cloud-based collaboration tool students, faculty and staff may access as a part of the UT System Microsoft Education Agreement. UTHealth members can download Microsoft Office 365 Education containing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Publisher, Outlook, and InfoPath.
To sign-in to your Office 365 account, go to Office 365 and then enter your UTHealth credentials.
You may also download a version of Office 365 for personal use at the Office 365
Qualtrics is a web-based software that allows users to create surveys and generate reports. Qualtrics is available to all UTHealth users.
How to Login
- Go to the UTHealth Qualtrics Website.
- Enter your UTHealth username and the password.
To learn more about Qualtrics or to schedule a training session, please email email@example.com.