What is ProctorU?
ProctorU is a live online proctoring service available 24/7 that allows students to take exams from anywhere using a webcam and Internet connection. This service uses live proctors who monitor exams by observing the student (via webcam) and their computer screen in real time.
Best Practices for using ProctorU
- Register for an instructor account Create an Account and get trained Registering an Exam (video)
- Make an announcement that ProctorU is offered in your course, if applicable.
- Make the ProctorU information page link available in your course.
- Strongly advise students that they must follow all steps on the ProctorU information page.
- Setup test dates/times in ProctorU prior to each exam. It's best to setup all exams at the beginning of the semester.
- Inform the students when they can start scheduling proctor time with ProctorU.
For more information about how it works from the Instructors viewpoint and how to set up an exam, view the documents below:
- How It Works - Instructors
- Adding Accommodations - Instructors
- Scheduling a Canvas quiz in ProctorU
- Scheduling a HESI in ProctorU
- ProctorU Exam Setup (video)
Q. What do I do if I have an issue or complaint about the proctoring service?
A. Please contact CEIR.
Q. How are online exam proctoring services billed?
A. Students pay for the online proctoring service at the SON.
Q. Who do I contact if I need to verify exam information or if a student is having an issue getting scheduled?
A. Please email the ProctorU partner services team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your course number,
Q. Does ProctorU need a copy of the exam?
A. No, ProctorU does not need a copy, the exam will be taken via Canvas.
Q. For a special accommodation, how do I request an extended test time with ProctorU?
Please include a list of students and their needed time extension on the ProctorU exam scheduling form in the Additional Exam Notes section. Additionally, you can email the ProctorU partner services team at email@example.com with your course number, name of the exam, name of the student, and the accommodation that needs to be granted (extra time, taking exam outside of the date, exam instructions [same as on original Exam Request Form], etc.) and they will make a note of the accommodation request in the system, and send you a confirmation email with the student’s name within 24-hours.
For students that have a schedule exception, they will need to call the scheduling team in order to make their reservation by calling 855-772-8678.
To learn more about ProctorU or schedule a training session, please contact CEIR.