What is WebEx?
The UTHealth Information Technology Department is pleased to announce that UTHealth has selected Cisco WebEx as a new tool for video and audio collaboration. This new service will be the primary video conferencing tool at the university, replacing GoToMeeting, Acano or any other services that may have been used in the past. Students, faculty, and staff will now be able to use this technology, free of charge, to schedule interactive online meetings. WebEx includes Outlook calendar integration, allowing you to schedule WebEx meetings directly from your Outlook calendar. Each online WebEx meeting you host will support up to 1,000 participants.
WebEx Website - https://uthealth.webex.com/
WebEx Support Documentation
To get started using WebEx, please view the CEIR developed guides for faculty, students and other general attendees.
- How to Download and Use the WebEx App
- WebEx Quick User Guide
- WebEx Faculty Information
- Scheduling a Meeting using the WebEx Website
- Student - WebEx Student/Attendee Information Guide
- Student - How to schedule and start a WebEx Meeting
Using the Tools in WebEx
- Using Polls in WebEx
- Using Breakout Sessions in WebEx
- Generating an Attendance report for a WebEx meeting
- Requesting remote control of someone's shared screen
- Giving someone access to control your screen
- Tips for viewing someone's screen and using the toolbar
- Best Practices for Hosting a Secure Meeting in WebEx
- WebEx Annotation Tools Guide
- How to Turn On the Annotation Feature Before a WebEx Session