The CEIR team has assembled a list of free and paid technology resources.
- Google Slides allows you to create, edit,
collaborate,and present wherever you are.
- Emaze is an online presentation tool that enables its users to create digital presentations.
- Prezi is a web-based presentation application that allows users to create a presentation using one space versus using traditional slides. Users zoom out to show the overall concept of their presentation and then zoom in to reveal the details.
- Office Sway allows you to create and share interactive reports, presentations, personal stories, and more.
- H5P is a free content generator that creates multimedia presentations, activities, and games.
Video Hosting Tools
- Teacher Tube is a free,
education orientedvideo-sharing website dedicated to instructional videos.
- Vimeo is a video-sharing website dedicated solely to user-made videos.
- YouTube is a free video hosting site that allows individuals to store, share and stream live videos.
Screencast Recording Tools
- Screencast-o-matic is a web-based program that allows users to create screencasts (screen-capture videos) with an audio component. The tool can be used to create tutorial videos and capture remote presentations.
- Screencastify is a screencasting extension for Google Chrome. It allows you to record your screen activity for creating tutorials,
etc,and runs entirely in Chrome.
- Raptivity is an e-learning interactivity building tool with a pre-built library of about 180 games (such as Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Family Feud), surveys, simulations, 3D objects, virtual world interactions, videos – interactions based on best practices in instructional design. (Paid)
- Articulate Storyline is an eLearning authoring software package that allows you to build interactive online content. With Articulate Storyline, you can create interactive slide-based lessons using screen captures and PowerPoint slides. Storyline offers many options for characters and background images to help you create narrative vignettes or even more complex branching scenarios. The Interactivity tools make it easy to include traditional quiz questions, drag-and-drop activities, and other activities. (Paid)
- Adobe Presenter is a PowerPoint add-in that allows individuals to convert PowerPoint presentations to engaging eLearning content. You can add a
voice overnarration, record a self-video while presenting the lesson, add eLearning scenes and characters, and even interactive elements and quizzes. (Paid)