The Learning Resource (LR) Center provides the following services to anyone teaching at the Cizik School of Nursing (SON).
- Classroom Help — immediate response to problems in classrooms
- One-On-One Training — on operating standardized audio/visual technology
- Video Conferencing Support — for applicable conference rooms
- Event Support
- Scheduling Panopto Recordings — for faculty in applicable classrooms
- Classroom Maintenance — testing, repairing, upgrading technology
Classrooms are equipped with technology to aid in presentations. Classrooms typically include:
- Touch panel connected to classroom A/V
- Instructor computer
- Fixed projector/screen
- PowerPoint remote
Conferencing and Capturing Capabilities
Each classroom has the following:
- Ceiling mounted instructor mic – Except for the auditorium.
- Ceiling mounted audience mics (muted by default).
- Rear camera – This camera can be zoomed in on the instructor or use on a wide shot to cover the entire front of the room.
- Front camera – This camera has a wide angle lens to pick up most if not all of the classroom. This is perfect for guest lecturers to see students through video conferencing or for faculty to see students when video conferencing for overflow situations.
- Support for remote sites to connect by any means into a classroom using Acano or any other Web based web conferencing system. This includes web connections, legacy video conferencing systems, tablets, and smartphones, or via incoming telephone connections. The Acano system also supports calling someone to add them to the conference through their telephone. (international dialing is not supported).
All 18 of the classrooms support conferencing independently. If a room has a problem, another room can be used since all rooms have the same setup.
- PowerPoint notes via dual monitor setup– PowerPoint Notes pages can be setup so only the instructor can see their notes on the instructor monitor. The students will see the full slide in presentation mode on the projector.
- HDMI input – All rooms support HDMI inputs as well as VGA. This should allow for any laptop to connect to the AV system and most tablets with the appropriate connector.
- Video and audio routing of HDMI and VGA sources – Laptops, Tablets, and document cameras can be sent to the computer to send to the video conference software (Acano) or capture system (Panopto). This feature will allow remote sites to see the content from these devices and allow a screen capture of these systems without installing software on the device.
- PC audio – PC audio is routed back to the PC so that audio can be captured or sent to the remote site through the conferencing system. This will allow the remote site to see and hear exactly what the classroom does.
- USB outlets – USB outlets are available on the podium or on the front AV panel for easy access to USB drives.
- Listening devices – Listening devices are available in any room for those that are hearing impaired. There is an output from the AV system which will send audio to a transmitter and then to headphones or to a neckloop for t-coil hearing aid users that can be checked out.