In recognition of the Cizik family and its landmark $25 million gift, the school will be renamed the Jane and Robert Cizik School of Nursing.
The name change went into effect the day the gift was announced: Nov. 15, 2017.
UTHealth renamed the School of Nursing to Jane and Robert Cizik School of Nursing on Nov. 15, 2017. Its official short name is Cizik School of Nursing.
The following are guidelines in the proper use of the new school name in print, narrative and conversation.
- The long name – Jane and Robert Cizik School of Nursing – will be reserved for certain official documents, letterhead, building signage, wayfinding signage and other uses determined by the Dean’s Office and the Office of the President of UTHealth.
- Cizik School of Nursing is not preceded by “the.” [?]
- Cizik School of Nursing is not preceded by “UTHealth.” As a “named” school, Cizik School of Nursing will describe its affiliation with UTHealth in narrative form (examples to follow).
Acceptable ways to describe UTHealth’s relationship with Cizik School of Nursing:
- Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth
- Cizik School of Nursing at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Acceptable ways to describe the name change on transcripts or alumni documentation:
- Kevin Burnett, DNP, 2013, The University of Texas School of Nursing at Houston (now known as Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth)
- Kevin Burnett, DNP, Cizik School of Nursing, formerly The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Nursing.
No. Transcripts for all UTHealth schools include the name of our institution as The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and then include the student’s degree program.
The School will continue using The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston seal.
Beginning in May 2018, Cizik School of Nursing and the seal of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
No. The pin will bear the official seal of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, and the presentation ribbons at Pinning Ceremony will say “Cizik School of Nursing.”
Please direct any additional questions about using the new logo to Cizik School of Nursing Communications Director, David R. Bates.
Business cards and letterhead are available for purchase at UTHealth Printing and Media Services.
No, but future badges will reflect Cizik School of Nursing.
Signage will be phased in over the next year to reflect the new name.
The gift will establish endowed scholarships for well-qualified nursing students; endow chairs to recruit, reward and retain outstanding nursing educators.
The Cizik’s gift will provide a research endowment offering a perpetual source of funding for conducting innovative research and create a distinguished lecture series.
No. The name will be updated throughout the website – both written and logo. Email signatures may be updated in text by adding “Cizik School of Nursing” and can be downloaded here.
All uses of the logo and signage will eventually change to the new versions.
The building codes will not , and the School of Nursing building will still be coded as SON.