The guides below will help you to find and use the tools available at CSON to provide instruction and give exams with minimal disruption to your courses
To access the UTHealth network, you will need to log into the Virtual Private Network (VPN). The VPN requires the use of two-factor authentication, DUO, so you will need both of these to access the network. Please use the links and guides below to get onto the VPN using DUO so that you can effectively work remotely.
Once you have your VPN and DUO two-factor authentication set up, you can also access your work computer and network drives remotely using the remote desktop connection (RDP) using the guides below.
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Enables secure access to the university's network from remote locations
Remote Desktop Connection
Access your work computer and network drives from home
- Canvas Exams
- If your exam is in ExamSoft and you would like the test to take place in Canvas, exams can be converted from ExamSoft and put into Canvas using Respondus 4.0. To complete this conversion, you will need to have the Respondus Macro installed in Microsoft Word (Right click to download the Macro text here).
- Though students will be proctored on campus, we recommend that Respondus LockDown Browser be used for Canvas face-to-face testing for additional security. Note: Do Not use Respondus Monitor for on campus testing. Only use LockDown Browser.
- Note that if there is a connection issue during an exam in Canvas, you can add time to a student while they are taking the quiz to ensure they have every opportunity to be successful.
- ExamSoft exams can be setup as secure preventing exam takers from using other software while taking an exam and HESI Exams have their own secure browser.
Exams can be given off campus using the HonorLock proctoring service (student paid). These exams can be deployed through either ExamSoft or Canvas but using Canvas with Honorlock is highly recommended. HESI exams are not compatible with HonorLock and if offered remotely must be monitored with ProctorU (student paid unless student is ill due to COVID-19).
COVID-19 Testing must take place through ProctorU. All exams, including HESI exams, must be scheduled at the beginning of each semester to help ensure there is a reservation available and adequate support to monitor students who cannot test in the usual way due to a COVID-related issue. Please review the applicable guide below for scheduling with ProctorU and Best Practices in ProctorU.
- Scheduling a Canvas quiz in ProctorU
- Scheduling a HESI in ProctorU
- Scheduling an ExamSoft Exam in ProctorU
- Scheduling a HESI Next Generation Exam in ProctorU
Your regular Canvas courses are available through your usual login. We recommend you send announcements in Canvas to keep your students up to date on upcoming virtual meetings, clinical schedules, off site testing procedures, and any other details they may need.
Panopto is lecture capture software that allows instructors to record video, audio, and screen activity on a computer and automatically uploads the content into the course so students can view it online. If you need to work remotely, you can download it onto your personal computer.
Please visit the CEIR Panopto Support page for more detailed information.
If working off-site, we recommend that you forward your work/office phone to your personal line. This can only be done from your office, but you can easily set it up so that you do not miss any important calls while working remotely.
If you do miss a call, you can access your work/office voicemail from another phone. How to Check Work Voicemail from Another Phone
WebEx is a virtual conferencing application that allows you to collaborate with video and audio. The Faculty Guide contains all of the information you need to use it to schedule and conduct meetings from off-site.
You can download the WebEx app onto your computer for easier remote scheduling and use. We recommend that you do not use WebEx with a VPN connection, as this could impact performance.
Please visit the CEIR WebEx Support page for more detailed information.
Using the interactive polls in Poll Everywhere can be a great way to maintain engagement and interactivity while teaching remotely.
Please visit the CEIR Poll Everywhere Support page for more detailed information.
Microsoft Teams can help you to stay connected with the different groups of people you work with while on campus or while working remotely.
You can submit a ServiceNow ticket to have a Team created, then consult this guide to use it in the best way for you and your Team.
You can find additional resources on Working Remotely from UTHealth IT.
UTHealth COVID-19 Information Links
- CSON COVID-19 Information Home
- UTHealth Here for Houston
- FAQ for Employees & Students
- Off-Campus Access
- Student Resources
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- UTHealth Emergency Website
- University Health Services
- Student Health Services
- Employee Health Services
- COVID-19 Information
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Texas State Health Services
- Harris County Public Health
- City of Houston