Follow these instructions to connect your personal computer to the campus wireless internet when you are on campus.
Some exams will take place on campus through either Canvas or Examplify using School of Nursing laptops or all-in-one computers:
- If your test is through Canvas, be sure that you know your password. If you need to change or recover it, do this before you come onto campus to take your exam. If your instructor will require Respondus LockDown Browser to take your exam and offers a practice exam, be sure that you have successfully downloaded and installed it and taken the practice exam on your personal computer in preparation for your first exam. When using Respondus LockDown Browser for your Canvas exam, it's important to remember you open LockDown Browser first.
- If your test is through Examplify (ExamSoft's testing application), you should familiarize yourself with the program. If a practice exam is offered by your instructor, you can install the software and take the practice exam on your personal computer in preparation for your first exam. See the installation instructions at the bottom of the Examplify information page. Be sure you can sign in before you come onto campus to take your exam. Here is a brief summary regarding the use of Examplify. Print it and bring it to your first Examplify exam.
See the HESI information in the table below for HESI exams.
Should you have to take exams off campus, be sure that you are familiar with and ready to use the proctoring service that your instructor instructs you to use before your exam: HonorLock or ProctorU.
|Canvas||UTHealth online learning tool, accessible at any time||Canvas Help|
|ProctorU||Online proctoring service for taking exams off-campus||ProctorU Information|
|HonorLock||Online proctoring service for taking exams off-campus||HonorLock Information|
|Library||The TMC Library provides information and resources||Library FAQ|
|Typhon (MSN) Typhon (DNP)||Student clinical log tracking system||FAQ (MSN) FAQ (DNP)|
|Webmail||Outlook on the Web - UTHealth webmail||Webmail on your phone|
|E*Value||Student immunization and certification tracking system||E*Value Student Guide|
|WebEx||Conferencing and virtual meeting||WebEx Student Guide
Starting a Meeting
|HESI||Standardized testing, with information on remote testing||HESI Student Guide|
|Testing software used at the school.||ExamSoft/Examplify Information|
For additional help, please contact the UTHealth Help Desk at 713-486-4848.
Help Desk Hours: 7am - 11pm Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm Saturday - Sunday.
UTHealth COVID-19 Information Links
- CSON COVID-19 Information Home
- UTHealth Here for Houston
- FAQ for Employees & Students
- Off-Campus Access
- Student Resources
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- UTHealth Emergency Website
- University Health Services
- Student Health Services
- Employee Health Services
- COVID-19 Information
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Texas State Health Services
- Harris County Public Health
- City of Houston