Change of Major Process

Effective immediately the School of Nursing is piloting a new process to request a change of major. The effectiveness of this new process will be evaluated in Fall 2015 at which time a permanent change to the policy will be reviewed and voted upon by the faculty.

How to Request a Change of Major

To request a change of major, you must first contact your current academic advisor to discuss your intent. Your advisor will review your request and if they are in agreement will complete the change of major request form. This form is not accessible to students and can only be initiated by your faculty advisor. The form will be delivered electronically to the track director of the program you are requesting admissions. If needed, the track director may contact you for interview before making a final decision.

The decision will be communicated from the track director directly to the student and a notification will also be delivered to the Student Affairs Office so that all official admissions and enrollment documents can be updated.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Student Affairs Office at or by phone at 713-500-2100.