The Joan and Stanford Alexander Fellowship in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Pacesetter BSN students are invited to apply in their J2 semester for participation in a one-semester, two credit hour fellowship in their S1 semester. Five selected fellows will be awarded $2,500 each. Fellowship recipients will be able to demonstrate delivery of competent care for People with Disabilities – across the life span. The program includes:
- Ninety (90) hours of clinical and enrichment activities fulfilled as independent study.
- Fellows rotate through various primary, acute and community care sites while working with interdisciplinary professionals.
- Fellows will participate in multidisciplinary rounds and weekly conference activities.
- Fellows will present clinical case studies during debriefing conferences.
- Full-time student
- 3.5 GPA
- J2 in good standing at time of application
- No withdrawals
- Participation in a panel interview
For program details, see: Aims and Objectives (.pdf)
Application deadline will be announced through an email generated by Student Affairs.
To apply today, complete and submit this Fellowship Application.
Questions? Contact program coordinator Allison P. Edwards, DrPH, MS, RN, CNE, 713-500-2133.
Led by senior faculty members, the Ambassador Program offers extracurricular mentorship and leadership development activities to selected senior BSN students in the Fall and Spring semesters who have a GPA of 3.5 or higher. In addition to their course work, the Ambassadors spend the year prior to graduation mentored by faculty in order to learn and develop skills to help make them more successful in the workforce and to prepare them for leadership opportunities. Ambassadors are entitled to wear green recognition cords with their regalia at Commencement. To learn more about the program or to apply, contact Dr. Linda Brown.
- New Students
- Locker (pdf)
- Resident/In-State Tuition
- Library Cards
- Current Students
- Student Handbook (pdf)
- Master/Post Master Planner Guide (pdf)
- Add/Drop/Audit Form (pdf)
- Change of Major
- Independent Study (pdf)
- Incomplete Grade (pdf)
- Change Your Contact Information (myUTH)
- Name Change (pdf)
- Enrollment Certification
- Scholarship Application
- Petition for Equivalency Credit (pdf)
- Course Substitution (pdf)
- Student Privacy Notice
- Inactive Form (pdf)
- Resignation Form (pdf)
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Supervisor's Injury Report