Congratulations to our esteemed faculty members who have recently received awards and achieved career milestones.
- Stacey Crane, PhD, RN, CPON, and Deniz Dishman, PhD, DNAP, MSN, CRNA, are among an elite group of nurses across the Lone Star State who were honored with “20 for 2020 Awards” from the Texas Nurses Foundation and the Texas Nurses Association (TNA). Watch Crane’s and Dr. Dishman’s acceptance videos.
- Professor Elda Ramirez, PhD, RN, ENP-C, was one of the professionals working on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic who were honored Feb. 25. 2021, by the Institute for Spirituality and Health (ISH) as a 2021 recipient of the Rabbi Samuel E. Karff Caring Heart Award.
- Assistant Professor Anitra Frederick, PhD, RN, was named director of the Pacesetter BSN program effective April 1, 2021. The Pacesetter program enables students who have completed prerequisites to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing in 15 months.
- Assistant Professor Carole L. Mackavey, DNP, RN, FNP-C, was named track coordinator for Nursing Education effective May 1, 2021.
- Assistant Professor LaDawna Goering, DNP, RN, ANP-BC, ADM, was named coordinator of the Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner track effective May 1.
- Angela Nash and Dr. Nitha Mathew Joseph will be promoted to the rank of Associate Professor effective September 1, 2021.
site var = son