Students who are working toward an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) may apply for admission up to one year before beginning classes at Cizik School of Nursing. Students who are conditionally accepted must continue to meet the minimum requirements for admission to the RN to BSN track as they complete their ADN program.
To apply as an early decision candidate, you must:
- Have completed at least 40 hours of prerequisites
- Have completed at least one semester of an ADN program
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Complete the Cizik School of Nursing online application for admission and pay the application fee
- Complete the Early Decision Supplemental Application
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to the UTHealth Houston Registrar’s Office
Note: If you have already completed the minimum prerequisites for admission to the RN to BSN track, you are no longer eligible for Early Decision admission.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, meaning they are reviewed as they are received.
Review and Notification
Early Decision applicants who submit a complete application will be notified within 4-6 weeks of application submission. Decision will be issued via email, mail, and through the ApplyUTH portal (assigned at the time of application).
Note: Failure to maintain the minimum requirements for RN to BSN will result in an early decision offer being revoked.
What if am not accepted by early decision?
Any student who is not accepted through early decision will automatically be considered during the regular admission cycle.
To learn more about the early decision for the RN to BSN track, contact Administrative Coordinator Christine Landrum Smith at 713-500-2059 or Christine.M.LandrumSmith@uth.tmc.edu.