Minimum Admission Requirement for the Post-Graduate at UTHealth
Per the regulations defining the amount of allowable online course credits, UTHealth is unable to sponsor Post-Graduate students requiring an F-1 visa. Additionally, students admitted into the Post-Graduate program must personally reside in the state of Texas before the first day of class.
Applicants requesting admission to one of the Post-Graduate programs must submit the following:
- Online application for admissions and a non-refundable $60.00 application fee.
- Official MSN transcript from the institution attended. If you have previously attended the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) it is not necessary to request a transcript. Electronic submission is preferred.
- Three (3) satisfactory academic/professional references. Supply individual references with an applicant letter of reference form (pdf).
- Evidence of current Texas nursing licensure or nursing licensure in state of residence.
- Documentation of BCLS if Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Education or Nursing Leadership and Administration.
- Documentation of BCLS and ACLS if Adult/Care Care Nurse Practitioner.
- A professional curriculum vitae or resume.
- An interview is required of qualified applicants. All interviews are by invitation.
Additional Requirements (if admitted into program):
Enrollment is contingent upon successful completion of immunization screening, immigration status clearance, Health Care Provider Basic Life Support (CPR) Certification, and clearance of the mandatory criminal background check and drug screening.
Submit all application materials to:
Office of Registrar
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
PO Box 20036
Houston, Texas 77225-0036The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Essential Skills for Nursing
Nurses must be able to demonstrate cognitive skills in critical thinking and logical/analytical thinking. Nurses must also have psychomotor skills, including fine motor dexterity, physical strength, coordination, and proper body mechanics. Observational skills are also required, such as the ability to hear within the normal decibel range, the ability to read English in regular to extra-fine print, and the ability to palpate/auscultate.
- Admission Requirements
- BSN to DNP - Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Application Deadlines
- Deadlines (all programs)
- Admission Forms
- Graduate Recommendation Form (MSN,Post-Graduate, BSN to DNP)
- Academic Information
- Program Outcomes
- Academic Catalog
- Current Semester Calendar
- Academic Success Center
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Tuition and Estimated Cost
- Financial Aid
- Specialized Programs for Nursing Students
- Residency Application