The Cizik School of Nursing at the University of Texas School of Nursing at Houston (UTHealth) has two exciting opportunities that lead to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. These opportunities include the Pacesetter BSN and the RN to BSN programs.
Pacesetter BSN graduates of our programs are prepared to take the licensure examination (NCLEX) for registered nurses. Our graduates have a high degree of success in passing this exam. Graduates of the RN to BSN program gain a higher level of nursing knowledge in evidence-based practice, critical thinking, leadership, and nursing expertise.
Upon the successful completion of the baccalaureate program in nursing, graduates will be able to:
- Provide patient centered nursing care using a systematic approach (i.e., the nursing process) to meet health care needs for individuals, families, populations and communities in diverse settings.
- Demonstrate principles of collaboration with inter-professional team members, patients, and families to resolve complex health problems to promote, improve, or maintain optimum health.
- Plan and implement evidence-based interventions based on the principles and methods of the research and evidence based practice processes.
- Utilize informatics to recognize, locate, evaluate, store, and classify information in order to mitigate error and use the information to support patients', nurses’ and other providers’ decision making.
- Demonstrate professionalism by accepting responsibility and accountability for nursing practice, patient outcomes and a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Utilize management and leadership theories, concepts, and skills in the practice of professional nursing.
Undergraduate Program Information
- Pacesetter BSN
- RN-Bridge (for ADN-prepared RNs)
- RN to BSN
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- MSN and Post-Graduate
- Adult/Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult/Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Emergency/Trauma Care (Post-Graduate only)
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Leadership
- Psychiatric Mental Health
- BSN to DNP
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nurse Practitioner
- Doctoral and Post-Graduate (Advanced Practice)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Post-Graduate (Advanced Practice)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)