To intensify the research environment, strengthen faculty and student research productivity, and foster collaborative research.
- Promote high-quality, innovative research in individual research programs and in institutional centers of research excellence.
- Develop clinical research leadership through support of faculty and students’ research efforts and facilitation of the communications of research.
Methods for Goal Attainment
- Support research development groups that help faculty develop conceptual-operational linkages and timelines for programs of research.
- Establish peer review panels for critique of proposals for major extramural funding.
- Sponsor a competitive intramural grant program to provide support for pilot studies to assist in obtaining extramural funding.
- Host the Annual Research Seminar Series and the Visiting Research Scholar Series to highlight research efforts and enhance knowledge and collaboration.
- Coordinate student travel funds to allow doctoral students to present their research findings.
- Provide pre-award grant services to faculty and students of the School of Nursing.
- Provide post-award grant services to faculty and students of the School of Nursing.
- Provide methodological and statistical consultation to faculty and students of the School of Nursing.
- Provide laboratory infrastructure support to faculty and students of the School of Nursing.
Center for Nursing Research
6901 Bertner, 5th Floor
Houston, TX 77030
(713) 500 -2041
(713) 500-2033 (fax)