Support for UT-SON Grant-Funded Faculty Researchers
- Statistical analysis of data generated from research studies
- Biophysiological data, e.g. cortisol, melatonin
- Survey data and tool development
- Longitudinally measured variables, e.g. tumor size over time
- Time series data, e.g. ECG, activity, temperature
- Interpretation of results of analysis
- Graphs and tables for data presentation
- Statistical methods and results sections for journal manuscripts and poster abstracts
Support for UT-SON Faculty Researchers Seeking Grant Funding
- Review of proposed research design
- Calculation of sample size and power
- Recommendation for sampling frequency in time series designs
- Plan for data management
- Plan for statistical analysis
- Statistical methods section for grant proposals.
There is no charge for these services. It is expected that a proposal will include a percentage of the statistician's salary in the budget.
Support for UT-SON Faculty and Student Researchers
- Faculty: Consultation, statistical analysis, interpretation of results, and statistical methods sections for journal manuscripts and poster abstracts
- Students: Consultation with statistical analysis.
- If ongoing support is required past the foundational meeting, the student will need to enroll in an Independent Study course
- Guidelines for Statistical Consultation with Students (pdf)
- Guidelines for Statistical Consultation with Faculty (pdf)
- Guidelines for Teleform Services (pdf)
- Randomization Spreadsheet (MS Excel)
- Please cite the following article if you use the randomization spreadsheet: Padhye NS, Cron SG, Gusick GM, Hamlin SK, Hanneman SK. Randomization for clinical research: An easy-to-use spreadsheet method. Research in Nursing & Health. 2009 Oct;32(5):561-6. DOI: 10.1002/nur.20341
Please Note: All services provided by the CNR are customized to the individual needs of the Principal Investigators.