This information will introduce you to Typhon Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Student Tracking System. It is an internet-based system, so you can log in from anywhere you have internet access.
You will choose the data entry login for the program you are in. You should have received your login information which was sent to your University email account. This email with your password and username was sent using the Typhon system and will be addressed from the Typhon Coordinator, along with a direct link to the login page. Be sure to bookmark this login page for future reference or you can find the Student Login link on the Current Students page on the CSON website. Then, just enter your login and password information and press log in to continue.
In case you forget your login and password, to the right of the password box is a link that says "Forgot Login or Password". All you have to do is click on this link and enter your e-mail address and press submit. The system will verify that you are a student and will immediately e-mail your login and password information to you.
Next you should start the first tutorial video. The video will show everything that the Typhon System offers. You will have access to these videos that you can watch on your own once you have access to the system. The video assumes you have logged in to the system already.
- The very first time you log in to the system, you will be forced to set up your default choices. This includes your current course, semester, preceptor and clinical site. If your preceptor or site is not listed, e-mail your course faculty member. You can choose another item temporarily until your item is added to the system, then go back and edit the cases to pick the correct item.
- There is a learning curve... this is a lot of information to collect. Most students say that the first two to three entries may take 5-10 minutes to enter. Once you get used to the system the entries will take less time. You should always try to enter your clinical hours on the same day - don't wait until the end of the week to enter them.
- DNP students are NOT entering patient case information, only date and time spent for their practice hours or practicum hours.
- When you complete your data entry for the day, be sure to log out. This ends your session on the server. If you are at a community computer (like a clinical site or a library), it's also a good idea to log out, plus close the Internet Browser. This will prevent the next person from pressing the "back" button to see what you did.
- If you have a technical problem with the system, go to your HELP section and click "Instructions and Video Tutorials". There, just under the tutorial links you will find a technical support link. Fill out the support request form and Typhon Group will respond to you directly by the next business day. If you have a clinical question, or an item is missing in a drop down list, contact the faculty
Frequently Asked Questions
When I view my Time Log report it doesn’t show all the time I spent in clinical.
- Each day you are in clinical you will spend time in activities that are not directly related to time spent with the preceptor.
- Go to the Main Menu
- Look for Time and Conference Log
- Click Enter/Edit Daily Time Log
- Choose the appropriate course [if default is set this will come up automatically]
- In the end, your Time Log Report for each course must at least equal the time required for the course.
When I started the new semester my course didn’t show up anymore. Where is it?
- Go the main menu.
- Look for Help.
- Click on Set Up Defaults. Choose your courses, preceptor, and site from the list. You will need to do this each semester and as you change preceptors.