You might notice something different about Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth Houston’s website. In fact, everything is different. The completely redeveloped website that launched in early February 2023 culminated more than two years of work.
The user-friendly site is organized to enable the school’s external audiences — including prospective students, alumni, supporters, and job seekers — to quickly and conveniently access resources and the latest news. Features include improved navigation design, a focused calendar of events, and a robust equity, diversity, and inclusion section.
One important highlight is the Next Steps quiz, which poses a series of questions for potential students about where they are and where they want to go in nursing. The results provide links to program information, applications, and other resources.
“Nursing is a profession of lifelong learning,” said Dean Diane Santa Maria, DrPH, MSN, RN. “Our students come to us with varied levels of education and experience, and they can choose many different avenues to grow in their careers. The Next Steps quiz helps them chart their own path.”
Another major upgrade is a prominent calendar feature that allows events of interest to specific audiences to appear on relevant pages. For example, upcoming information sessions about the nurse practitioner program and its various specialty tracks appear on the Doctor of Nursing Practice overview page.
Other highlights include:
- An upgraded faculty directory that is searchable by name and key words.
- A redesigned alumni page, where our many thousands of graduates can find opportunities to stay connected with classmates and get involved in supporting the next generation of nurses.
- A continuing professional development page that prominently displays upcoming opportunities to earn contact hours.
- An updated careers page featuring employment opportunities for faculty and staff positions.
- Focused pages highlighting the extensive research of our nurse scientists.
The school also created a new password-protected intranet website to help current students, faculty, and staff easily find information specific to them.
“Building out these new websites took a tremendous amount of effort and collaboration,” said Sherri Deatherage Green, communications manager. “Special thanks to web developer Todd Taylor, communications assistant Merve Erten, and the entire UTHealth Houston web services team.”