Primary Research Areas
Health behavior decision-making, nursing education, ethics
Dr. Rozmus is the endowed PARTNERS Professor and Vice Dean for Academic Affairs at UTHealth Cizik School of Nursing. She also is Assistant Vice President for Institutional Assessment and Enhancement in the UTHealth Office of Academic and Research Affairs. In addition, she is a faculty associate in the McGovern Center for Humanities and Ethics at the UTHealth Medical School.
Rozmus previously was the chair of Graduate Studies at Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn. At Georgia Southwestern State University, she served as dean of the School of Nursing and as vice president for Academic Affairs and dean of the faculty. While at Georgia Southwestern, she was project director for projects funded by the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE) of the U.S. Department of Education and by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Rozmus’ research interests include health behavior decision making and health professions education. In addition to educational research, her most recent clinical research was a collaborative study on the use of community theater in the prevention and treatment of Type 2 Diabetes in Fiji. The project was funded by the International Diabetes Federation. She has multiple publications on interprofessional ethics education.
Her BSN is from West Virginia University. Her MSN in Parent-Child Nursing is from Vanderbilt University,where she was the Dean's Scholar. She received her PhD from the University of Alabama at Birmingham in Maternal-Child Nursing and Education Administration.
Related News Items
- Santa Maria and Rozmus selected for October induction as new FAANs in 231-member class (Jun 2019)
- TNA District 9 Foundation picks Cathy Rozmus as an outstanding nurse of 2018 (Oct 2018)
- Ownby, Rozmus named 2021 inductees into Kenneth I. Shine, MD, Academy ($date.format('MMM yyyy', $newsItem.publishedDate))
- (Publication) Cancer-related Fatigue Reported in Online Discussion Groups ($date.format('MMM yyyy', $newsItem.publishedDate))
- Publication: Symptom and illness experience for English and Spanish-speaking children with advanced cancer: Child and parent perspective ($date.format('MMM yyyy', $newsItem.publishedDate))