- Cizik School of Nursing cuts the ribbon on its expanded Simulation and Clinical Performance Laboratory and its new Smart Apartment.
- UTHealth Houston campus shuts down most in-person activities in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Socially distanced simulations and testing return to the nursing school during the summer term. Graduates celebrate with virtual commencement and pinning ceremonies.
- Diane M. Santa Maria, DrPH, MSN, RN, FAAN, becomes the fifth dean of Cizik School of Nursing, effective Sept. 1, 2020.
- Cizik School of Nursing students, faculty, and staff volunteer countless hours at COVID-19 vaccination clinics run by UT Physicians.
- Graduates of Cizik School of Nursing, UTHealth Houston School of Dentistry, and UTHealth School of Public Health participate in the first joint commencement ceremony at Minute Maid Park.
- Dean Diane Santa Maria serves as co-director of the newly formed Texas Developmental Center for AIDS Research, its Mentoring Program, and its Substance Use Scientific Working Group.
- Professor Jacquelyn Campbell, PhD, MSN, RN, FAAN, delivers the inaugural presentation of the Carla Diaz-Lewis Domestic Violence Lecture Series on Oct. 13, 2021.
- The BSN to PhD program is established to give nurses interested in research the opportunity to advance their careers more quickly.
- UT Health Services moves into its spacious new clinic on the ground floor of the UTHealth Houston Professional Building.
- Patricia A. Grady, PhD, FAAN, director emeritus of the National Institute of Nursing Research, delivers the inaugural Jane and Robert Cizik Lecture on March 22, 2022.
- Cizik School of Nursing collaborates on a $2.3 million Leadership Education in Adolescent Health (LEAH) fellows HRSA-funded grant led by the Baylor College of Medicine-Texas Medical Center. Student Grecia Zamora is named the program’s first nursing fellow.
Forward into the future
Updated: October 07, 2022