Thanks and best wishes to our retiring faculty!
Joan C. Engebretson, DrPH, AHN-BC, RN, FSfAA, FAAN, retired May 15 after 35 years of teaching, mentoring, and advancing research at UTHealth. She held a joint appointment at two institutions—Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth and UTHealth School of Public Health, where she earned her DrPH. She had served as the Judy Fred Professor in Nursing in the school’s Department of Research since 2010.
Joanne V. Hickey, PhD, RN, ACNP, FAAN, FCCM, retired Aug. 31 after more than two decades of outstanding service and leadership at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. She held the Patricia L. Starck/PARTNERS Endowed Professorship in Nursing and was not only the coordinator but the architect of the school’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
Debra L. Fowler, PhD, MBA, RN, CNE, NEA-BC, BCC, retired Aug. 31 after 14 years at Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth, where she helped advance the careers of faculty and students. She wore many hats over the years, most recently as associate dean of Professional Development and Faculty Affairs, associate professor of Community/Educational Outreach, track director for the MSN in Nursing Leadership and Administration program, and head of the Division of Management and Education in the Nursing Systems Department.
Welcome to our new faculty members!
Department of Graduate Studies
- Veronica Brady, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, BC-ADM, Assistant Professor
- LaDawna Goering, DNP, RN, ANP-BC, ADM, Assistant Professor
- Lori Hull-Grommesh, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, FAANP, Assistant Professor
- Marissa Solorzano, MSN, PHMNP-BC, FNP-C, Instructor
- Susan Stafford, DNP, MPA, MBA, RN-BC, NEA-BC, Assistant Professor
- Seth Stephens, DNP, APRN, ACNP-BC, CPHQ, Assistant Professor
- Tammy Stout, DNP, RN, ACNP-BC, Assistant Professor
- Sylvia Anasi, DNP, MSN, RN, Assistant Professor
- Robert Coghlan III, OP, PhD, RN, BSN, MSN, CNS, FNP, Assistant Professor
- Anitra Frederick, PhD, RN, CNE, Assistant Professor
- Hsiao-Hui “Joyce” Ju, DNP, RN, FNP-BC, Assistant Professor
- Kennessa Landry, MSN, RN-BC, Instructor
- Vuong Prieto, PhD, RN, CHSE, Assistant Professor
Department of Research
- Stacey Crane, PhD, RN, CPON, Assistant Professor
- Maja Djukic, PhD, RN, Associate Professor
- Daphne Hernandez, PhD, MSEd, FAAHB, Associate Professor
- Meagan Whisenant, PhD, APRN, Assistant Professor