Cathy Rozmus, PhD, RN, FNAP, FAAN, is the endowed PARTNERS Professor and Vice Dean for Academic Affairs at Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth Houston. She also is Assistant Vice President for Institutional Assessment and Enhancement in the UTHealth Office of Academic and Research Affairs. In addition, she is a faculty associate in the McGovern Center for Humanities and Ethics at the UTHealth Houston Medical School.
Dr. Rozmus previously was the chair of Graduate Studies at Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn. At Georgia Southwestern State University, she served as dean of the School of Nursing and as vice president for Academic Affairs and dean of the faculty. While at Georgia Southwestern, she was project director for projects funded by the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE) of the U.S. Department of Education and by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
PhD – Maternal-Child Nursing & Education Administration
Medical Center Fellow
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
MSN - Parent-Child Nursing
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
Dr. Rozmus’s research interests include health behavior decision making, cancer symptoms, and health professions education.
- Validation of Self-Reported Attachment Classification Among Racially and Ethnically Diverse Parents of Young Children
- Symptom and Illness Experience for English and Spanish-Speaking Children with Advanced Cancer: Child and Parent Perspective
- Posting With a Purpose: Improving Social Media Strategies to Communicate With Younger Generations
- Prevention Strategies for Neonatal Skin Injury in the NICU
- Hispanic Parental Beliefs and Practices in the Management of Common Childhood Illnesses: A Review of the Literature