Margaret A. Barnett/PARTNERS Professor in Nursing
Associate Dean & Department Chair, Undergraduate Studies
Department of Undergraduate Studies
Erica Yu, PhD, RN, holds the Margaret A. Barnett/PARTNERS Endowed Professorship in Nursing and is the Associate Dean & Department Chair for Undergraduate Studies at Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth Houston. Yu served as a national/international practice, education, and accreditation consultant for colleges of nursing in the United Staes and Taiwan.
Dr. Yu has focused her career on curriculum development, leadership, student/faculty mentorship, and undergraduate nursing education. She has consulted and collaborated as an academic partner with Texas Medical Center hospitals in their development of nurse residency programs for transitioning new nurses from academia to practice. She is a member of the AACN Vizient Nurse Residency National Strategic Planning Committee and serves nationally as a Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) on-site evaluator for accreditation.
The University of Texas at Austin, School of Nursing, Austin, Texas
University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Nursing, Omaha, NE
Kaohsiung Medical University, College of Nursing, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Transition to Practice program, curriculum development, BSN and Nurse Residency Program Accreditation.
- Ultrafast Plasmonic Nucleic Acid Amplification and Real-Time Quantification for Decentralized Molecular Diagnostics
- Berberine regulates glucose metabolism in largemouth bass by modulating intestinal microbiota
- Cervical Spinal Immobilization: A Head-to-Head Comparison of a One-Step Spray-on Foam Splint Versus Structural Aluminum Malleable Splint Immobilization
- IntelliSleepScorer, a software package with a graphic user interface for automated sleep stage scoring in mice based on a light gradient boosting machine algorithm
- Mouse mutants in schizophrenia risk genes GRIN2A and AKAP11 show EEG abnormalities in common with schizophrenia patients