Graduates of Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth Houston’s MSN program should be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of specialized knowledge and skills that will promote functioning in an advanced nursing role.
- Integrate nursing science with knowledge from ethics, informatics, and the biophysical, psychosocial, and organizational sciences into advanced nursing practice.
- Integrate best practices and evidence aimed at positively impacting health care to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Foster collaborative interprofessional relationships with other health professionals to promote delivery of safe, value-driven, and high-quality health care.
- Utilize leadership skills in promoting health for individuals, groups, and communities of interest.
The program of study leading to the MSN degree combines online courses with face-to- face classes and clinical experiences offering flexibility to students. The curriculum varies per clinical track the student selects.
Students have the following areas from which to choose: