Faculty Highlights - 2022
Honors and Awards
- Dean Diane Santa Maria, DrPH, MSN, RN, FAAN, was inducted into the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society’s International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame at the organization’s 33rd International Nursing Research Congress on July 25, 2022.
- Associate Dean for Graduate Studies Susan D. Ruppert, PhD, RN, FNP-C, ANP-BC, FCCM, FNAP, FAANP, FAAN, was elected as co-chair of the Texas Center for Nursing Workforce Studies Advisory Committee. She was also appointed to serve on the Nominating Committee of the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties for the 2022-2024 term, and the inaugural American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials Implementation Steering Committee.
- Professor Sandra K. Hanneman, PhD, RN, FAAN, is Cizik School of Nursing’s most recent inductee to The University of Texas Kenneth I. Shine, MD, Academy of Health Science Education.
- Professor Beth Ulrich, EdD, RN, FACHE, FAONL, FAAN, was inducted as a fellow in the American Organization for Nursing Leadership.
- Elda Ramirez, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, ENP-BC, FAAN, FAANP, FAEN, was inducted into the Diversity Leadership Institute of the AACN.
- Professor Chao Hsing Yeh, PhD, RN, FAAN, was named The Jane and Robert Cizik Distinguished Chair.
- Associate Dean for Practice and Community Engagement Leissa Roberts, DNP, CNM, FACNM, was awarded the Judy Fred Professorship in Nursing.
- Professor Vaunette P. Fay, PhD, RNC, FNP, GNP, was the 2021 recipient of the Emma Josephine Loeffelholz Award from the Institute for Spirituality and Health at the Texas Medical Center.
- Assistant Professors Hildreth Eloi, DNP, MS, RN, and Myron Arnaud, DNP, CRNA, were selected by students to receive the 2022 John P. McGovern Outstanding Teacher of the Year Awards, each for the second time.
- Instructor Kelli Galle, MSN, APRN, FNP-C, was selected as one of the top 15 nurses from across the Houston area in the Houston Chronicle’s 2022 “Salute to Nurses,” and Assistant Professors Deniz Dishman, PhD, DNAP, CRNA, and Daisy Mullassery, DNP, RN, WHNP-BC, were honored among the city’s top 150 nurses.
- Assistant Professor Emily Barr, PhD, RN, CPNP-PC, CNM, received an award for Excellence in Service to the Pediatric HIV/AIDS Cohort study at the 14th Annual CFAR Social and Behavioral Sciences Research Network Conference.
- Assistant Professor Hsiao-Hui “Joyce” Ju, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, received the Clinical Research Award at the 31st Annual Endocrine Nurses Symposium.
- Associate Professor Martina Raquel Gallagher, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC, was appointed to the American Psychiatric Nurses Association Telemental Health Task Force.
- Assistant Professor Linda Cole, DNP, RN, APRN, CCNS, CNE, CPHQ, FCNSI, is president-elect for the Texas Clinical Nurse Specialist affiliate.
- Assistant Professor Sara Lewandowski, DNP, MS, BA, BS, RN, CNE, HNB-BC, has been elected to serve on the American Holistic Nurses Association Nominating Committee.
site var = son