Several organizations, philanthropic foundations, and state or federal governments offer scholarships, grants, and loan programs that specifically cater to nursing students.
- American Association of Colleges in Nursing
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- National Health Service Corps
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- National Student Nurses Association
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Good Samaritan Foundation
Nurse Faculty Loan Program
The Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) is low-interest federal loan forgiveness program offered by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) for nursing faculty with master’s and doctoral degrees. For eligibility requirements and application information, please contact Heather Bright in the UTHealth Financial Aid office at 713-500-3860.
Learn more about financial aid at UTHealth Houston and about scholarships available through Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth Houston.