Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth Houston uses UTHealth Houston’s online application for the following programs.
Please note that the Nursing Centralized Application System (NCAS) is used for all DNP tracks except for nurse anesthesia. Check the webpage for your specific program of interest for a complete list of requirements.
- Pacesetter BSN or RN to BSN program
- MSN Nursing Leadership track (if applying for Summer 2024)*
- MSN Family Nurse Practitioner Track(if applying for Summer 2024)*
- BSN to DNP Nurse Anesthesia track
- PhD program
- Any of our nondegree postgraduate completion programs:
- Nursing Education
- Emergency/Trauma Care
- Nursing Leadership or Nurse Practitioner tracks
*MSN students applying for the Fall 2024 semester and later should apply using the Nursing Centralized Application System (NCAS). Learn more about the process.
The online application process
- Check the webpage for your specific program of interest for a complete list of requirements.
- Submit the online application for admissions and pay the $60.00 nonrefundable application fee via credit/debit card.
- Submit all application materials to:
Office of the Registrar
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
PO Box 20036
Houston, Texas 77225-0036
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Electronic submission is preferred. Official transcripts may be sent directly from your post-secondary institutions to email@example.com. Transcripts will not be accepted if emailed from the student. Transcripts submitted on paper must be printed within six months of receipt and be in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution.
- If you have international credentials, a course-by-course evaluation from an Educational Credential Evaluator must also be submitted.
- Send your official test scores (if applicable). Please be sure to review the admissions requirements for your program to determine which, if any, tests are required. Only exam scores taken using the UTHealth Houston code will be accepted.
- The GRE code for sending test scores is 6906.
- The HESI A2 Entrance Exam department ID for sending scores is 198326.
- PhD Program: Requires one academic/professional referenceusing the Cizik School of Nursing recommendation form, completion of the PhD Application Faculty Support Form, and submission of an essay using this template.
- MSN, DNP, and nondegree post-graduate completion programs: require three academic/professional references.
Please note that students admitted to the Cizik School of Nursing must physically reside in the state of Texas before the first day of class.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for or have other questions, you can contact the Student Affairs office directly.
Once an application is received, you will be assigned a seven-digit application ID and granted access to ApplyUTH, where you can track the status of your application materials.
Once a decision is made, ApplyUTH is updated with the application status. If you are admitted, you will receive an email and a letter in the mail. If you are denied, you will receive a letter in the mail.