Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth Houston uses the Nursing Centralized Application System (NCAS) platform for students who have either a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree and are applying to any of our Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) tracks except nurse anesthesia:
- MSN Nursing Leadership track (if applying for Fall 2024 or later)*
- MSN Family Nurse Practitioner Track (if applying for Fall 2024 or later)*
- BSN to DNP Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- BSN to DNP Family Nurse Practitioner
- BSN to DNP Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- DNP (Post-master's Entry) Nurse Executive track
- DNP (Post-master's Entry) Nursing Informatics track
- DNP (Post-master's Entry) Nurse Practitioner/CNS or Nurse Anesthesia
*MSN students applying for the Summer 2024 semester should using UTHealth Houston’s online application. Learn more about the process.
Applicants applying to these programs must submit all documents to NCAS. This includes the application, personal statement, résumé, and transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended. International applicants must submit TOEFL scores (if applicable), and individuals with degrees/coursework from outside the U.S. must submit a course-by-course evaluation of international credentials through NCAS. The NCAS system will prompt you to provide names and email addresses for three references and will automatically send them the reference form for completion.
Applicants are required to pay the NCAS application fee of $80.00 and the UTHealth supplemental form fee is $60.00. Fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable among programs.
Once an application is received, you will be assigned a seven-digit application ID and granted access to ApplyUTH, where you can track the status of your application materials.
Once a decision is made, ApplyUTH is updated with the application status. If you are admitted, you will receive an email and a letter in the mail. If you are denied, you will receive a letter in the mail.