Academic Success Center
At Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth Houston, we are dedicated to our student’s success, both academically and professionally. Our Academic Success Center is a physical space within our building, but more importantly, it is a rich menu of services to help students complete our rigorous educational programs and transition to rewarding careers in nursing.
Get Started with Orientation
New students meet our Academic Success Center team and get the details about available services during graduate student orientation or our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Boot Camp. You may also view an online seminar on academic success and scholarly writing strategies. See the orientation page for dates and details.
Services for All Students
- Academic counseling
- Online and live academic success seminars
- Writing support services including:
- One-on-one consultations
- Online writing tools and resources
- Job postings
For BSN Students
- Study space with writeable walls, text books, and computers that can be reserved
- Group and individual tutoring for BSN classes
- The Ambassador Program, which provides mentorship and leadership experience to selected senior BSN students
- NCLEX preparation courses
- Collaboration with course faculty to facilitate HESI test success.
Current students: Please visit the student section of our intranet site for details and scheduling
Meet Our Team
Our expert academic success team is dedicated to providing students the support and resources they need to thrive at Cizik School of Nursing.
- Assistant Professor Linda Brown, PhD – Director of Academic Success Center and BSN academic success coach
- Assistant Professor Olivia Fitch, PhD – Graduate academic success coach
- Jandy Gu, PhD, Writing Support Services Specialist (email)