Before you apply, you need to be sure that you have selected the program that will meet your educational and future career goals. Applications are not transferable between programs or terms. Application fees are non-refundable and are non-transferable.
Upcoming Deadline Dates
- Summer 2023 Pacesetter BSN - January 15
- Fall 2023 Pacesetter BSN - March 15
- Spring 2023 Pacesetter BSN - September 1
- Summer 2023 RN to BSN - January 15
- Fall 2023 RN to BSN - March 15
- Spring 2023 RN to BSN - September 1
- Spring 2023 RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner - "On Hold"
- Spring 2023 - Nurse Practitioner (MSN and Post-Graduate - October 15 (priority)
- Summer 2024 Nurse Anesthesia - July 1, 2023
- Spring 2023 - BSN to DNP Nurse Practitioner -September 30, 2022 Extended to October 15
- Fall 2023 - BSN to DNP Nurse Practitioner - May 15, 2023
- Applications to the BSN-DNP Nurse Practitioner program must be completed and processed through NursingCAS. NursingCAS online application streamlines the admission process for prospective students by providing a singular location for all required information and documents.
- Fall 2023 Post-Master's DNP - April 1
- Spring 2023 Post-Master's DNP - October 1 Extended to October 15
Yes, I'm ready to apply
Congratulations on making the decision to apply to the Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth. The application process is coordinated by the UTHealth Registrar’s Office who does the initial work of collecting your application, application fees, and other admission materials. Once your application is complete, the information will be forwarded to the School of Nursing for review and decision.
Before you apply, we encourage you to review the admissions requirements and application deadline information available on the academic department pages. Please note that students admitted to the Cizik School of Nursing must personally reside in the state of Texas before the first day of class.
Please review the admissions deadline information for your program of interest. In order for an application to be forwarded for faculty review and decision all application materials must be received by the deadline date. The School is unable to process applications with missing or incomplete documents.
All application materials should be sent to the UTHealth Registrar.
Shortly after completing the application, you will receive an email with access to MyUTH – an application portal that will provide up to date access on the documents received.
The application process and required materials are as follows:
Submit the online application for admissions and $60.00 non-refundable application fee. The fee is payable via credit/debit card.
Submit your official transcripts for all post-secondary institutions attended to the UTHealth Registrar. Official transcripts may be sent sent to us directly from your post-secondary institutions electronically to email@example.com. Official transcripts will not be accepted emailed from the student. You can also send your official transcripts via us postal mail, the transcript must be received in a sealed enveloped from the issuing institution. If you have previously attended the Cizik School of Nursing, those transcripts will be retrieved on your behalf. If you have international credentials, a course by course evaluation from an Educational Credential Evaluator must also be submitted. Please note that all official transcripts must be printed within the past six months.
Send your official test scores (if applicable). Please be sure to review the admissions requirements for your program to determine which, if any, tests are required.
For graduate admissions, send three academic/professional references using the Cizik School of Nursing recommendation form. The forms are available in the admissions forms box to the right.
Please note that students admitted to the Cizik School of Nursing must personally reside in the state of Texas before the first day of class.
Q: Which HESI exam should I register for?
A: First-time test takers must take the A1 exam; repeaters take A2.
Q: Can I request a change of major after I'm admitted?
A: Request to change tracks are reviewed on a case by case basis by the track director. Students are encouraged to conduct a thorough review of the academic options before applying for admission.
Q: What is the time limit for test scores?
A:The time limits are as follows:
|Test||Required for||Time Limit|
|HESI||Pacesetter BSN||Two (2) Years|
|TOEFL||International Students (F1 visa)||Two (2) Years|
|GRE||Nurse Anesthesia||Five (5) Years|
Q: Can the GRE be waived for nurse anesthesia applicants?
A: No, all nurse anesthesia students are required to submit the GRE.
Q: I have submitted my official transcripts, but they are listed as incomplete in MyUTH.
A: The Registrar's Office updates transcript status to 'received' only when an official-final transcript has been recorded. If you have submitted a transcript transcript with in-progress course work, it will be listed as incomplete, but the file will be forwarded to admissions for evaluation.
If you can't find what you're looking for, or just have other questions, you can contact the Student Affairs office directly.
- Application Deadlines
- Deadlines (all programs)
- Application Forms
- Application and Reference Forms
- Academic Information
- Academic Catalog
- Current Semester Calendar
- Academic Success Center
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Tuition and Estimated Cost
- Financial Aid
- Specialized Programs for Nursing Students
- Residency Application
- Pacesetter BSN
- RN-Bridge (for ADN-prepared RNs)
- RN to BSN
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- MSN and Post-Graduate
- Adult/Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult/Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Emergency/Trauma Care (Post-Graduate only)
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Leadership
- Psychiatric Mental Health
- BSN to DNP
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nurse Practitioner
- Doctoral and Post-Graduate (Advanced Practice)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Post-Graduate (Advanced Practice)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)