Status of Spring 2020 Application Cycle
- Pacesetter BSN - open through September 1
- RN-BSN - open through November 15
- RN-FNP - Applications accepted on a space-available basis through November 1
- Nurse Practitioner - MSN and Post-Master's - Applications accepted on a space-available basis through November 1
- Nursing Leadership and Administration - MSN and Post-Master's - open through November 1
- Nursing Education (post-master's only) - open through November 1
Yes, I'm ready to apply
Congratulations on making the decision to apply to the Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth. The application process is coordinated by the UTHealth Registrar’s Office who does the initial work of collecting your application, application fees, and other admission materials. Once your application is complete, the information will be forwarded to the School of Nursing for review and decision.
Before you apply, we encourage you to review the admissions requirements and application deadline information available on the academic department pages.
The Application Process
All application materials should be sent to the UTHealth Registrar.
Shortly after completing the application, you will receive an email with access to MyUTH – an application portal that will provide up to date access on the documents received.
The application process and required materials are as follows:
Submit the online application for admissions and $60.00 non-refundable application fee. The fee is payable via credit/debit card.
Submit your official transcripts for all post-secondary institutions attended to the UTHealth Registrar. Official transcripts must be received in a sealed enveloped from the issuing institution. If you have previously attended the Cizik School of Nursing, those transcripts will be retrieved on your behalf. If you have international credentials, a course by course evaluation from an Educational Credential Evaluator must also be submitted. Please note that all official transcripts must be printed within the past six months.
Send your official test scores (if applicable). Please be sure to review the admissions requirements for your program to determine which, if any, tests are required.
For graduate admissions, send three academic/professional references using the Cizik School of Nursing recommendation form. The forms are available in the admissions forms box to the right.
Q: Which HESI exam should I register for?
A: First-time test takers must take the A1 exam; repeaters take A2.
Q: Can I request a change of major after I'm admitted?
A: Request to change tracks are reviewed on a case by case basis by the track director. Students are encouraged to conduct a thorough review of the academic options before applying for admission.
Q: What is the time limit for test scores?
A:The time limits are as follows:
|Test||Required for||Time Limit|
|HESI||Pacesetter BSN||Two (2) Years|
|TOEFL||International Students (F1 visa)||Two (2) Years|
|GRE||Nurse Anesthesia||Five (5) Years|
Q: Can the GRE be waived for Nurse Anesthesia applicants?
A: No, All Nurse Anesthesia students are required to submit the GRE.
Q: I have submitted my official transcripts, but they are listed as incomplete in MyUTH.
A: The Registrar's Office updates transcript status to 'received' only when an official-final transcript has been recorded. If you have submitted a transcript with in-progress course work, it will be listed as incomplete, but our file will be forwarded for evaluation.
If you can't find what you're looking for, or just have other questions, you can contact the Student Affairs office directly.
- Application Deadlines
- Deadlines (all programs)
- Application Forms
- MSN/Post-Master's (pdf)
- Academic Information
- Academic Catalog
- Catalog Addendum
- Current Semester Calendar
- Academic Success Center
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Tuition and Estimated Cost
- Financial Aid
- Specialized Programs for Nursing Students
- Residency Application
- Pacesetter BSN
- RN-Bridge (for ADN-prepared RNs)
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Nursing Leadership and Administration
- MSN and Post-Master's
- Adult/Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult/Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Emergency/Trauma Care (Post-Master's only)
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Leadership and Administration
- Psychiatric Mental Health
- BSN to DNP
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)