The Center for Nursing Research Bioscience Laboratory at the Cizik School of Nursing is designed using an open concept that allows flexibility in faculty and student research needs.
The CNR lab includes:
- Multiple portable lab workbenches
- Tissue culture room with modular stacked CO2 incubator units
- A refrigerated centrifuge
- Two large laminar flow biological safety cabinets for sterile applications
- Hazardous materials room
- Biological safety rooms with chemical fume hoods
- Freezer storage area for -80?C freezers connected to an alarm monitoring system
- A Millipore Milli-Q Synthesis water purification system that provides high quality ultra-pure water for all bioassays and procedures.